Thursday, March 18, 2010

Baking for victory!

Not too long ago, I participated in "History night,2010" with my homeschool group. My topic was "WW2: Women who made a difference". I made this really tasty cake as my snack for my project! Here's the recipe,you should try it out!!

1 C raisins
2 C water
1 TSP baking soda
1 TBL lard(or butter)
1 C sugar
1 TSP cloves(ground)
1 TSP nutmeg
1 TBL cinnamon
Just a pinch of salt
1 1/2 C All-purpose flour
1/2 C ground carrots from the Victory garden!(Can be substituted with coconut)


1. Combine raisin and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil then let simmer for 20 min.

2. Add baking soda and lard to raisin mixture and let cool

3. Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl; add raising mixture to dry ingredients and mix well

4. Pour into greased 8'' square pan

5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 min., or until firm on top

No comments:

Post a Comment