Sunday, July 10, 2011

It's so hard to say goodbye.....

So true, so true.


I thought it was important to do one last post on the visiting caterpillars, as they will be going home any day now. I will miss you, caterpillars, but I know your "mother" is anxious to see you again!

Almost all the kids are in their Chrysalis now, and it's kind of funny to see them all hanging there! It was so funny, in fact, I decided to take pictures, so you, my readers, could enjoy the site, too! Aren't I nice?!

It's a wall of caterpillars!!!

Chrysalis Christmas tree ♥

The roof of the mesh cages are COVERED in the little green beauties!


I saw for the first time ever a caterpillar turn into a chrysalis. Even after raising caterpillars all last summer, and even into early fall, I never once saw one change, but this year, I saw almost all of the little darlings change! It was so gross! But also way cool. I'll spare you the details. Those who haven't raised their own butterflies wouldn't understand....It may be gross, but it's totally worth it.

It's so hard to say goodbye to my little charges, but I'm ready to get you back where you belong, and go on to the next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment