Friday, July 1, 2011

Caterpillars in a tree.....

It's that time of year again!!!! You veterans of my blog will know that I mean CATERPILLARS!!!
Right now, I don't have any of my own, but I'm babysitting some 50 caterpillars and 6 butterflies for friends while they are on vacation. I've actually had these guys for almost a week, but this is the first chance I've had to post about them. So I'll concentrate on the intro in this post, and I'll update you on everyone's size and condition in the next one. Sound good? Cool.



This is the set-up we've got going on in our dining room. The three shorter mesh cages are caterpillars, ranging from small{as in ennsy-weensy, barely see them} in the cage closest to the camera, to large at the back. The tall cage sticking up in the middle is full of butterflies.

Here's the butterfly house!

This time around, I have a few painted ladies, as well as Monarchs. Painted ladies like hollyhock, and their eggs are blue, rather than white.

This is what the large caterpillars looked like a week ago.

Our supply of milkweed

This pot has every plant you will need to raise a butterfly from egg to butterfly! Cool, huh?

Come back for my next post, where I update you on all the kids!

~Erin ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment