Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Of dresses and dancing......

This past Friday night, June 11th, I was able to go to a banquet, which is basically a prom for homeschoolers. I got to dress up in a pretty dress, get my picture taken (rather too many times) and dance till I dropped! Oh, it was sooooo much fun! I'm still excited about it! Oh, I wish you all could have been there, it was one of the best nights of my life!!!!

In an attempt to keep this post from becoming unfortunately long, I will only post a couple of pictures. However, if you would like to view the others, please click here.



My hairstyle

My mask

My dress. I got it from Elder beerman! It was almost $200, but I got it on sale for $15!!!! What a deal!!

Allison and I

Allison, Me, Kara, Kellie


All the girls

Kara's "modeling"

Kara and I

Kellie and Allison

I also have uploaded videos of dances that we did onto my youtube account, so if you would like to watch those, click here.


The only downer in a heavenly night was that, while energetically dancing a swing dance, I sprained my ankle. UGH! It didn't hurt all that night, but then, the next day, I felt the pain, and then today, my homeschool group went on a field trip to greenfield village and walked for almost six straight hours! Needless to say, I am now in incredible pain. But it was worth it, I think, because I had a total blast on Friday! Oh, boy!

I had a bit of an adventure whilst getting my picture taken. We were all at a harbor near the banquet destination and, while everyone was being arranged by the photographer for his picture, I saw a very large snake! When I say large, I mean of gigantic proportions! No lie! I wasn't sure if it was sunning itself, or if was dead, because it wasn't moving, but I didn't stop to see because as soon as the picture was taken I sure as heck high-tailed it out of there as fast as my high heeled feet would take me!!!!



~Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment